We are a focus group in Daytona Beach Florida--some with homes, some without--that formed in June 2010 for the purpose of understanding homelessness and addressing the needs of the homeless through open communication.
Governing Officers and Directors
• H.O.M.E. shall be governed by a President, Vice President, , Secretary, Treasure, Past President, and up to five Directors. The officers and Directors shall constitute the Board of Directors
• The first members of the Board of Directors under these by-laws shall be named on a slate of officers that shall be attached to an incorporated into these by-laws at the time of passing.
• All officers and Directors shall serve a term of two years commencing on the day of passing the by-laws or their election.
• The board of Directors shall fill the office of President, in case of vacancy, from nominees placed before the Board. Any member of the current board of Directors shall be eligible for nomination. The President shall nominate all other Officers and it shall take a 2/3 vote from the current Board to accept nomination.
• The Board of Directors shall consist of no less the seven and no more then eleven members.
• 50% of the current Board must be present to have a quorum.
• The Board of Directors shall meet no less then once a month. The President shall have the power to call emergency meetings. The place and time of the meetings shall be determined by the President in consultation with the Board.
• The President shall act as presiding officer over all meetings. If the President is unable to act as presiding officer he may appoint a temporary facilitator. No person shall preside over a meeting without the President’s approval.
The Chair shall preside at all Board meetings, appoint committee members, and perform other duties as associated with the office.
The Vice-Chair shall assume the duties of the Chair in case of the Chair’s absence.
The Secretary shall be responsible for the minutes of the Board, keep all approved minutes in a minute book and send out copies of minutes to all. The Treasurer shall keep record of the organizations:”“s budget, and prepare financial reports as needed.
Conflict of Interest
Any member of the board who has a financial, personal or official interest in, or conflict (or appearance of a conflict) with any matter pending before the Board, of such nature that it prevents or may prevent that member from acting on the matter in an impartial manner, will offer to the
board to voluntarily excuse him/herself and will vacate his/her seat and refrain from discussion and voting on said item.
• Anyone shall be eligible for membership in H.O.M.E. of Daytona Beach the dues shall be set by the Board of Directors. Homeless men and woman may will have their dues forgiven.
• Voting shall be done by voice. However, any Board member will have the right to call for a roll call vote.
All Board members are required to attend all board meetings. The President may excuse a Board Member who has a legitimate reason for missing a meeting. A Board Member is required to notify the President if they are going to miss a meeting in order to have an excused absence. Any Board Member who has more then three unexcused absences may be voted of the Board of Directors without a show o cause hearing.
Show of cause hearing
• A Board Member may not be removed from office without a show of cause hearing. A show of cause hearing will be set for the next meeting following the motion for such a hearing. A special meeting time be called by the President and approved by at least 2/3 of the board. The entire Board must vote in order for someone to be removed from office. A Board members vote may be submitted in writing if he or she can not attend the show of cause hearing. A quorum must be present at a show of cause hearing.
• Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. There will be a zero tolerance policy. Disruptive behavior will result in a show cause hearing were a Board Member will be removed from office.
• Disruptive behavior shall be defined as any behavior that is hurtful to any member of the Board or general member of H.O.M.E. Behavior that is detrimental to the reputation of the Organization. Disruptive behavior shall be defined as;
• Physical Violence of a Board Member or Member of H.O.M.E. No exceptions.
• Verbal abuse in public forum or any H.O.M.E functions by a Board member on another member of the Board or general member. No exceptions
• Belittling comments to another Board Member or general member during a H.O.M.E. function or any other function. No exceptions
• Rude insulting e-mails containing personal attacks or non-constructive criticisms. No exceptions
The fiscal year of the board shall be January 1st through December 31st.
These by-laws may be amended by a two-third vote of Board members present at any meeting, provided a quorum is present and provided a copy of the proposed amendments are provided to each Board member.
Slate of Officers
President Brad Carter
Secretary- April Moser
Treasurer Bill Kohlman
Director Jim Shepard
Director Shannon Mcleish
Director John Sullivan
Director- Pastor Bud Murphy
Director- Ginny Kent
The Board’s term of office will be two years and will be effective immediately upon approval of the By-Laws
All officer will be eligible for re-election for the next term if they so wish
Elections will be held the first scheduled board meeting in November, odd years.